Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Almost Conference!

Transfer results! Sorella Sobeck is going to Roma!!! I'm super pumped about the change...I definitely feel like its time for a change in my mission - I learned so much in Mistretta and I feel like I changed as a missionary and also as a person while I have been here the past 5 1/2 months. At times it was definitely a refiner's fire...that is life in general. There were many wonderful moments and I met some incredible people. I look forward to going to Rome (to the HUGE CITY!) and having new experiences. I will be companions with Sorella Winward, who I believe is going into her 5th transfer and whom I've never met, and we're gonna tear it up! It's going to be insane...there are a ton of missionaries and a ton of members in Rome, so its going to be a lot different than down here in piccola Mistretta :) I'll be in Roma 3. Can't wait...going to Catania today and taking the bus from there to Rome with some other missionaries...riding the bus all night long and we arrive in Rome tomorrow morning sometime! Change...it happens. Pray that we find un sacco di persone to teach and baptize!!!

As for the rest, this week has been full of saying goodbye to people in all of our cities. I have met AWESOME PEOPLE during my stay here. People are so friendly and loving...I really will miss Sicilia a lot and the type of lifestyle...even though sometimes it drives me insane, the people here really do enjoy life. I appreciate them and their good humor and generosity and love. Oh Siciliani...I will also miss the food down here hahaha.

I feel like I have been able to plant a lot of seeds in this area. People have so much potential if they will just allow themselves to move forward. It is easier said than done I realize. I hope with time and with feeling the Spirit more than many of these people will eventually accept the truth and the gospel. I have seen many miracles, some really big and some super small...those little miracles are what makes the world turn in the world of a missionary.

I hope I will be able recognize even more those small miracles every day during my next city.

One really cool thing we did this week...there has been CRAZY WEATHER lately here in this part of Sicily. Its been really hot and humid...and then it finally just decided to let it all out and pour rain. There was a crazy lightening storm for like half hour straight the other night, without thunder though. On Saturday night while we were waiting for transfer calls we did Mostra (I don't know what its called in English) in Mistretta and we tried a new idea that we got from some other missionaries. We got some bed sheets and put them on the ground, then we drew pictures. Sorella Fuller drew the prophets cycle, and I drew the Plan of Salvation. We drew on dark sheets with white chalk, and then afterwards we just washed them all clean, and it was super fun. IT WAS SO WINDY!!! All of our stuff decided to fly away many times....pamphlets, DVD's, the sheets haha...we had to put a bunch of weights on all the sides/corners. It was a cool and interesting new way to attract attention, and it really worked with the younger generation who usually just ignore us and make fun of us haha. But they thought the drawings were cool and despite the weird weather and not too many people being outside we got to explain what we were doing to enough people to make it count.

Fasting works...period. It is so cool to see major blessings and answers come to your prayers what you sacrifice a little more.

I'm so excited for General COnference!!! Since I'll be in Rome I'll probably get to watch it in English while I'm excited about. You get way more out of it in your native tongue.

Here's the mission address again, since I don't know my new address yet.
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Roma (RM)
Italia

Hope everyone has a great conference weekend! President Monson is so awesome and I know he's a prophet of God!

Love, Sorella Sobeck

Some pics to close the transfer -

My district this transfer! Last pday we spent a couple hours in Palermo with the anziani - this is on top of Mt. Pellegrino where you can see the whole city of Palermo, though thats not whats behind us :)

Mostra! Drawing on bedsheets with chalk...in the wind :)

Brioche in Palermo! My last time there!!
My last morning in Mistretta...it's such a cool place!

Sonia and Nino

Crazy Maria

Lightening storm!!!

Slla Battista and Salvatore

Famiglia Giardino! Pina, Salvatore, Gianluca, Valerio

Little Nino

Stefano

Lina and Davide

Ciao M-town!
Ciao collega!

Ciao SICILIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment