Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DOLCETTO O SCHERZETTO!!!

Happy Halloween! It's really really weird that its already Halloween...I will have been in Italy for ONE YEAR on Saturday, so last Halloween I was getting ready to leave the MTC! It suddenly got really cold here like 3 days ago...it was fine and nice outside and then it wasn't haha. So we're getting used to that. Today we're having a Halloween party with our district in the church...complete with a homemade pinata, a delicious LASAGNA, games, watching the Joseph Smith movie (!!!), etc. We're pretty excited :)

I've had some pretty cool experiences this week. There is a new convert named Doris who is from Nigeria and is awesome, but very shy so she never really talks much when we go. But she has teh cutest little daughters, and I love going to her house. We went on Saturday and talked about having patience in the midst of afflictions and read a story from the Book of Mormon with her. We asked her a simple question about how prayer has helped her in her life, and it was an inspired question becuase then she just opened up and talked for 20 minutes straight telling us all these crazy experiences in her life but how she has so much faith anythings. I was just in awe...she is AWESOME!!! And then she was just so much more open with us ever since! I LOVE those experiences that just build relationships with people. She invited us to her daughters birthday party for yesterday...Divine turned 1. I will just say this: AFRICANS KNOW HOW TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow...best thing I've even gone to hahaha it was so much fun and we met a TON of cool peeps and we had a little spiritual meeting where we sang "How Great Thou Art" African style...it was incredible. And then I ate some legit AFrican food...oh man. It was interesting haha...fufu anyone?? Look up what that is haha. So I love Africans pretty much with all my heart :)

We had a ward activity this week, but our ward boundaries are super spread out so its difficult for people to come to church during the week. But with the support we did have it was lots of fun.

Me and Sorella Winward taught an institute class in English for people in our ward who don't speak Italian, and that went really well. We are doing the class on teh Book of Mormon, and all 3 sets of missionaries in our ward are rotating who teaches. The Book of Mormon is incredible and teaches us SO MANY THINGS even from the very beginning!

We have some Muslim investigators who are from Senegal in Africa and we're helping them learn Italian/English for service. They all have Books of Mormon now and on Sunday when we went it was awesome because they were writing their names in the books and marking the verses that we read with them! Usually Muslims won't even talk to us or accept anything we try to give them, so this is so cool for me to see.

All my stories are about black people this week haha. The other day we missed a bus and so while we were waiting for the next one we gave everyone English course flyers and I talked to a guy from Nigeria. So he already speaks English. But he asked what church I was from and I told him and he said "Hmm. That's a coincidence." Um, what is? I found out that he has attended our church in Greece before. Nope, not a coincidence. We're going to call him in a couple weeks when he gets back from a work trip :) That was a pretty cool miracle.

Things are still going slowly but surely. I know we just need to continue to work hard and work will come. Patience :) I love this work! I've challenged myself to write down a miracle that I see everyday this week so I can more readily see the blessings Heavenly Father is giving me. The blessings come when we DO something. When we ACT. This church is a church of action!

Vi voglio tanto bene!
Love, Sorella Sobeck


These beautiful sunsets helped me feel happier after hours of finding

Ladispoli

Sorelle!

District Halloween party

Service for Slla Galle'



Olive picking service!

Love my collega!!

Sam!

Divine's 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment