Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Some of those lessons of life‏

So, I don't think I'll ever get over with how big this city is! Yesterday we had Zone Conference (SUPER early in the transfer this time), and to get to the Roma 2 church where it was at took an hour and a half. Some of that time is waiting for the bus, or the metro, or the train (there are a million ways to get around), but I just think its so funny. Roma 3, my area, is the ghetto of Rome and I think its so appropriate that I'm here. The other day I talked to a guy from Cairo and I got to tell him that I've been there and he thought that was so cool! Cool connections where your previous life experiences help you bond with people. There's a lot of weird people here, but they're all children of God so we try to talk to them anyways :) I'm enjoying my experiences, even though the work is really slow and will take time to build up.

One of the biggest lessons I feel that I've had to learn on my mission is patience. With my companions, with my investigators, with Italy in general, with myself, etc. Every situation is different.Every transfer is different. Now I'm learning some more about it with the lack of work...and of course it sometimes just punches you in the face with how hard a situation is until you learn to just smile anyways when its not easy. Welcome to life. I love to smile :)

I've been learning a lot. It's so fun to talk to people on the street. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA GET!!!!! There have been some sweeeet people though, and I really look forward to meeting with them if they allow us to. I love thats theres so many languages spoken because I know that the gospel is true in EVERY LANGUAGE and that it will help people from EVERY COUNTRY. Universal joy. What could be better?

Zone Conference was so great. Every time I learn so much and I feel like certain messages are directed specifically at me. It was weird because some of my good friends are finishing their missions this transfer, so they gave their dying testimonies. Everyone says how quickly the mission passes. At the beginning of my mission I thought that was the silliest thing to say, because I felt like it was going to last forever. Being in your first and second transfers and having the whole thing ahead of you kind of puts that perspective sometimes. Now that I'm in my 9th transfer and only have a few left, I'm realizing how real that statement is that time really does fly. The days are long but the weeks are short - the principle that never ends. Seeing this yesterday put some things into perspective. There was always a great training that the assistants gave about how we are ALL set apart with the same missionary authority. But how we act determites how much POWER we will have. This applies to every single calling. What we get out of an experience depends on what we make of it.

All these eternal principles. I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes. Somethings they much so much sense. Perfect. Other times it is so difficult to keep things in perspective. Despite the fact that I am majorly imperfect, I hope that I can remember.

The gospel is true.

I don't really have any cool teaching experiences this week. But I'll just let you know that my first new investigator in Roma, was such a funny experience. Yep, he's literally crazy. Hahaha. He is already an ex-investigator...oh man. The mission is the greatest adventure.

Vi voglio bene tutti!!!

Love, Sorella Sobeck

Aunt Donna - I'm in Roma 3! Its the ghetto of Rome and I love it haha :) :) But the temple is not in my zone, I have not seen it yet. I haven't really seen anything yet, the other day we saw the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon and a huge piazza, but I haven't seen much becuase we can only go on Pday and it takes awhile to get there anyways. So over time I'll get to see all the cool stuff, I'll keep a look out for the things you mentioned. Thanks for all your prayers!
Aunt Kathy - I know! It's so funny that it happened like that...I had a feeling I'd be transfered up to Rome, so I thought it was just an ironic situation. I'll be excited to hear about what he saw while he was here.
Garrett - November 3rd! Not too far away, good luck and I seriously can't wait to hear all about your experiences. With a BIG SLURPEE.
Ana - FRIEND! Where have you been??? :)

Bellissima!

Pday adventure: People-watching at the Vatican with McDonalds hahaha

All the santi

WHOOO!

Castello di Sant'Angelo

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment