Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fai il 90%!

Quote that I love: Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you make of it. It has really helped me keep a bigger perspective at certain points in my life, including during my mission, and I shared it with an investigator this week who is having a hard time and he loved it. It's amazing somethings what some simple words can do for an effect on someone.

This week...has returned a lot more to normal and I'm quite grateful. I love adventures...but I'm grateful to be back in Mistretta (after 2 1/2 weeks not at home) and with a working car (after 1 month with it being powerless....not fun haha). You really appreciate things you have when you don't have them anymore! I wish I could just remember to be grateful for everything I have in every moment, but I'm not perfect hahaha. But yes, its been great to be back in Mistretta...the members really missed having us around, and as a result we have gotten some great lunch/dinner appointments this week :)

Doing scambi with Sorella Spicq in Siracusa was so much fun! I really really like Siracusa, the little of it that I got to see. I forgot how much WALKING you really do it some cities...because our cities are smaller I've gotten lazier haha. I learned a lot from Sorella Spicq and she was so much fun to be with for just a few hours. And the next morning we had to go to Messina for some more legal stuff for Sorella Fuller, and once again without a car we had to take the train and be in Messina by 9am...so we had to wake up at 3:40am to walk 40 minutes to the station to take the train at 5am...another adventure hahaha. The Siracusa sorelle were such great sports about it, and then we took the train and got picked up by the Messina anziani and in this place Sorella Fuller had to go to this class thing and they wouldn't let me go in, so I was separated from my companion, just sitting in the hallways, BY MYSELF, for 3ish hours. SO WEIRD to be by myself!!!!! We had to call president and everything. It was weird and I was almost paranoid I guess hahaha just sitting by myelf. So I've gotten to do a nice little giro of Sicily lately - Catania - Siracusa - Messina - Palermo - MISTRETTA...mission traveler I am.

I made brownies for English Course last night, and when he found out who had made them one of our students told me with great conviction "Troverai un marito". Translation: You will find a husband. Thanks! I love English course!

We had district meeting this week in Cefalù - its the middle place for us and the anziani, so we decided to just wing it and go there for our meeting (where I got to give the training!), and we ended up sitting on a wall right by the sea. Il mare è troppo bello!!!! I love the sea and how beautiful it is. I'm so lucky that my mission is so stinkin beautiful! I love district meeting and getting support from other missionaries and hearing other perspective and about their successes and their hardships and just being friends with them.

I guess I don't really have too much to say about the work this week...becuase we didn't really do a whole ton of missionary work unfortunately. There was lots of time devoted to lots of other things, and so in our actual area not too much happened. Sadly several of our progressing investigators are no longer progressing, even though I still love them. Even though the missionary work has been slower though, I really feel like I've been learning some important lessons through the difficult moments lately. I'm also coming to understand that very often we have to RE-learn the same lessons many times...or at least I do...because I forget. A great lesson though: NON ARRENDERSI MAI. NEVER GIVE UP.

And all these things shall give us experience :) Even when the work is slow, Heavenly Father still loves me! :) He sure does take care of us and I'm so grateful for that. I know the church is true.

Transfer calls are Saturday, we'll see what happens. And then...GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! It's like Christmas for missionaries :) :) :)

Alright time to wrap up...we're in Palermo and we gotta drive back for appointments!!! Love you all, thanks for the support for real.

Love, Sorella Sobeck


Messina!

Messina!

I did the training again for DDM and I used the nail game

DDM in Cefalu' this week - the halfway point

Illenia is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment