Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ciao Ciao‏


Allora. I don't even really know what's going on. I have been in Italy for 17 months and now they're making me leave! As I've gotten to my last couple weeks in the last transfer, it's been weird because I've felt almost unimportant - I don't like it hahaha. Sorella Taylor and I are leaving, and both Sorella Bradford and Sorella Openshaw will be training. So...out with the old and in with the new I guess! It'll be really good and there will be a new energy in the work here in Roma 3 which is will need, since a lot of all of our work has kinda been dwindling lately. Sadly. It happens.
Yes, the work. I am going to miss thinking about my investigators and their needs all the time. I will still be thinking about them from thousands of kilometers away, but there is something really cool about being entitled to receive inspiration to help them. That missionary mantle. I know I probably didn't appreciate it as much as I should've, and I know I will miss it a lot. I will miss these people so much. Even if Dario didn't get baptized in the end, and now he is actually pretty much an ex-investigator (yeah...not what ANY of us were expecting...), even if Daniele from Bari is still not baptized, or Giuseppe from Mistretta...I know that I've made a difference for these people. I know that they will remember me. And I know that I will remember them.
I LOVE MY MISSION. Italy is a special place. Yep, there may be a new pope for the Catholic church now, but there is also a temple being built in Roma. There are now 8 stakes in the country. The work is growing. Pretty soon Mormonism will be bigger than Catholicism!!!!!!!!!!! Ok...we'll see. BUT, I feel so priviledged to have been a part of the Italian missionary force. I love this country with all of it's problems. I love Bari. I love Mistretta. I love Roma. I love the people. I love the food. I love the mare. I love the church. I love the temple that's not finished yet. I love missionary work. I love it all. I'm excited to see my family in America, but I already can't wait to come back and visit my Italian family someday. :)
Ci vediamo a prestissimo!
Vi voglio tanto bene.
Love, Sorella Sobeck

Helping Hands last Saturday

Bench work

Dexter's family let us come to his house FINALLY

Famiglia Cadena

LOVE THEM

Daniela I and Sharon - such a great family

So...trains getting cancelled and having to wait forever...in Santa Maria delle Mole...late at night

MONDAY

Meat pie....delicious

DORIS

Corso d'Inglese last time!

Dario and Vincenzo

FAVORITE EGYPTIAN PIZZA GUYS

We went alllllll the time

No comments:

Post a Comment