Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I don't remember my way around Roma!

Oh my goodness! I have gotten us lost really bad TWICE this past week...Monday instead of taking the train to go back to Termini from a city outside of Rome, we took one going the opposite direction and it took forever to get back haha. That was frustrating. And then the very next day we get on a wrong bus and then don't have enough time to go to our appointment that we had scheduled as a result...the weird thing is that I have been to that house and on that bus lots of times, and I was so confident that the bus we were taking was the right one...without question...and then it wasn't. That's embarassing hahaa. ANd there's my lack of direction for you...it all worked out ok, and I know everything happens for a reason. WE did some other stuff instead that I thought was pretty worthwhile in the end. My poor companion who I keep getting lost haha. I've always had 3 transfers to learn the city before I had to train it...and I got 1 transfer to learn the biggest city ever! It's been really fun :)

This week has been good - we've been working hard together and we've already seen some really great miracles!!

There were TWO baptisms that we got to see on Saturday night. Not people I worked with, but it doesn't even matter I was so excited to finally see some baptisms! One was from the ROma 5 anziani - a woman who's husband is a member, they are from Congo, and the only reason he wasn't coming to church was becuase he didn't know where it was in Roma...so then the missionaries made contact with him as an inactive, his wife took the lessons, and she was baptized. They are such a cute little family! THe other baptism was for the other sorelle in Roma 3, and it was for a man who is working on the Rome temple!! HOW LEGIT IS THAT!!! This is the 2nd person who has been baptized who is working on the temple so far. There were about 100 people at that baptism and the spirit was so strong - it was incredible. I love baptisms :)

My new companion is Sorella Openshaw and she's from Orem. She's been in the field about 6 months now, she works really hard, we get along very well already, and the work is already picking up more! We had an investigator come to church on Sunday!!! Carmela has been an investigator on and off for 6 years, we found her in the area book, and she came! She's kind of at rock bottom right now with lots of family and personal problems, but she's making some really good progress right now becuase she came to church, she's starting to pray again, and she's reading a little bit in the Book of Mormon. We have a couple other investigators who are making me super happy to see them start progressing as well...love it so much!!! ANd we're going to try and set a baptismal date with someone tonight...we'll see what she says :)

The work is growing. THis transfer is turning out to be a very different one from the last one, in some hard ways but some very good ones that are pushing us to be more obedient and as a result see many more blessings with the work and also personally I believe. Satan works so hard on missionaries and the people they are working with because he knows if he can distract them, a lot is at stake. Satan only attacks good things...he's not going to waste his time. There is opposition in all things, and yes it really sucks but its so great on the other side when we come out on top. I'm really grateful to be here in Rome, despite the obstacles and the hard things that happen, because there is so much joy on top of it!! Missionary work really is the best!

FOr Thanksgiving tomorrow, we are going to eat dinner with an AMERICAN! There is a girl in our ward from Utah, and she invited us over to eat dinner at her house tomorrow for some legit Thanksgiving food - at least as legit as you can get in Italy :) And then...it's almost CHRISTMAS!!! The decorations are coming out and its so weird!!! But I love it so much, and I'm excited for the CHristmas music and spirit.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and have a great week! Vi voglio bene!

Love, Sorella Sobeck

Jasmine from Congo baptism
 Salvatore the temple worker's baptism!

Trevi fountain again today for pday!

First day together...9am McDonalds on train for breakfast

First visit to Anagni to see Diana

Getting us lost and being on empty trains in the wrong direction...

Piazza Venezia

New collega Slla Openshaw! Finally made it to the Colosseum :)
Miriam Shumway - so, I FINALLY responded to your letter last week that I got awhile ago, but I put in in the envelope, and sealed it, then realized that there was no return address on your letter! WHat's your address so I can send it??

No comments:

Post a Comment