Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The third one!!! WEEK 7!

I'm just gonna get it out of the way that after today I have 12 full days in the MTC left. My mind is blown away every time I think about it. I can't wait.
This week threw me for a few loops, without realizing that I needed to be thrown! It was so cool to see how even when you don't exactly know what your questions are, Heavenly Father will answer you. I love that so much. I'm not the deepest thinker...often times I just accept what I'm told and move on. Not all the time...I've definitely had my times when my testimony needed to be strengthened and I asked my questions and doubted but then found my own answers. I guess my answers I received are obvious because I'm on a mission today. The past week at the MTC I felt like I kinda plateaued with my learning and that I wasn't progressing as much as I had been or I should be with only a short time left before the "real thing" in Italy. It was a concern in the back of my mind, but I was so tired of learning EVERYTHING that I didn't really address it in my prayers. Well, Heavenly Father knows how to deal with me. :)
Last night at devotional we had our 3rd apostle (while I've been here in 7 weeks...this is PAZZO!) address us. So far we've had Elder Ballard, Elder Nelson, Sister Beck, and then last night Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke to the missionaries. Last night was definitely one of the most spiritual experiences I've had so far here. It was one of those times when Heavenly Father decided, "Kristi, you need some knowledge shoved in your face. I'm going to teach you some really really cool things." In the nicest way. And man oh man, last night was one of those times when I had questions and thoughts in my head coming out of nowhere. It was AWESOME. I didn't really want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to think. It was really good for me and I realized last night how incredibly blessed I am to be on a mission. I love to share some of the things that I learn from the speakers we get to hear in the MTC. Quotes, thoughts, advice, whatever. This is as much for me to filter my thoughts as I hope it can help someone who reads this:
My favorite thing that was said (by a sorella in my district after the devotional) and my thoughts kinda:
-God has millions and BILLIONS of creations on the world today. But I am important. I am important for that one lost soul that I will find in Italy. MAMMA MIA. This can be applied to anything in life. No matter where I am in life, I am important and I have a purpose for something. This seriously made my mind think of what's gonna happen forever. I'm still thinking and reeling about it. IT was said in the most perfect way for me.
Other stuff said:
-We're not given great blessings in our lives just to enjoy them. We are also give a great responsiblity to share them and help others. This kinda reminded me of the Spiderman quote "With great power comes great responsiblity" Yep, I'm still chewing on that one too.
-Everything about my mission (or whatever is going on RIGHT NOW in your life) is the unravelling of the plan Heavenly Father has for us.
-Jesus Christ will walk before me, open doors for me, and help me because He is my Savior and He loves me. I know this is true with all my heart and soul!!!
-SEEK PRAYER IN A WAY UNHURRIED. Take the TIME to prayer. Talk to Heavenly Father, explain my feelings to Him. He will guide me. I can never get told this enough. My prayers with God at this time are some of the most special parts of my day. I hope I can continue this forever if my life.
Ok. Seriously. I can't get enough of awesome things said at the MTC. Last night was INCREDIBLE! Then we went to the temple this morning and we did both sealings and a session. The Albanian elder in my district went through the temple for the first time today and we got to be in the session with him. It was really cool. My thoughts are everywhere!!!! LOVE IT!
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne. My teacher shared us this quote yesterday in class. It basically sums up my life right now :) Even when you're scared of something, have courage and do it anyways!
Teaching really is an amazing experience. THis week I had some hard lessons. We have taught our investigator, Salvatore, almost everything. He wants to be baptized. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he's trying to stop smoking, then we taught him Law of Tithing and he knows he needs to do it but doesn't know how he can. Then the last time we taught him we were going to only talk about faith because that's what we felt he needed. It's a really good thing. We gave him a picture of Christ and wrote on teh back that we're praying for him. Before we gave him that he said that he doesn't feel ready to be baptized and I was so scared he was going to say we couldn't meet with him anymore. WE just said the things we felt guided to say,and he's going to continue to prepare. It's really crazy to really see the emotions. I felt some crazy emotions. It just shows how real salvation is and how much is at stake. I want so badly to help people and teach them everything I can. But I understand that as much as I teach or want to help them, they have to work too. And it's not me that teaches, it's the spirit.
I'm so grateful for this gosepl in my life. The past 7 weeks I have learned SO MUCH about myself and this church and how to be a teacher. It's amazing to see how a person can change. Myself, investigators, etc. I hope everyone is well and staying strong and faithful.  We all have so much to be grateful for, even when life seems to suck. Yep, we all go through it. I know that the Savior knows. He will help us.
Love you all,
Sorella Sobeck
PS - thanks for the packages, Milly and Mom!!!! Made my life :) Please write this missionary in Provo! :) :) :) Happy thoughts sent to you

YAAAAAAAAAY that's where I'm going and I can't wait!

Orson Hyde dedicating the Holy Land :)

That's slightly disgusting

No comments:

Post a Comment