Wednesday, February 27, 2013

AFRICA


Alright everyone, things are good. It's been a week of relearning lessons that I've already learned and already had faded from my memory a little bit. It's been a tougher week as we lost all of our baptismal dates within 2 days of each other (for various reasons), and we've also dropped the significant majority of our investigators (but also we keep in mind that we hadn't seen most of them anyways in a long time, so it was more housekeeping). We do have our few progressing investigators, and we are working on increasing that pool and also getting more potentials. It's been a humbling week as I've had to remind myself many times that this is not MY work, but it is the LORD'S work. The mission is also full of self-evaluation and I've had to reflect a lot - am I really doing my best? Last transfer - ENDURE!!!!!! I love the mission and how much each person can really grow.

It's pretty exciting news that Roma 3 has 2 baptisms this Sunday! The anziani and the other sorelle each have someone getting baptized - Steven (from Ghana) and Austin (from NIgeria). We love Africans! We are very excited for these 2 guys, who we all know and love, and even though we are sad that Daniel was supposed to get baptized on Sunday but will not be joining the party, we are so excited anyways!!!

Last week was a great week with Daniela. After the great lesson last week also with her son Alessandro who also wants to get baptized, we also found out that she is not married to the man she lives with and therefore cannot get baptized yet. However, she still really wants to so I think it will be a good motivation for her to make that step of marriage. She also came to church for her first time this Sunday!!! :) :) It took a lot of organization on all ends, but she was able to come and she loved it!!! She was glowing the whole time and I know she felt the spirit. :) Church really is an incredible place to really FEEL.

Yesterday we had a cool day and we found 2 new investigators. One was David, who has been to church 2 times already and we finally were able to make an appointment with him. And when we went to the refugee camp where Monday, Doris, Ike, and Blessing all live to teach David there, we met this other guy named Moses and asked if he wanted to come listen too. We weren't expecting him to come, but then he followed us up the stairs and joined our lesson! They're both great. David really is awesome, and he has the desire to learn and to keep coming to church because he likes it :) When we pulled out the Book of Mormon in the lesson, Moses also recognized it and then put it together that we are Mormons and that he has been taught by missionaries before (a long time ago in Africa), and it made him really happy that we are from that same church. The gospel is true in all the world!

It's crazy that they're splitting so many mission. THe work is growing :)

I love this work! I'm grateful for the wonderful people I've met here. Roma is a wonderful place and this mission is really where I'm supposed to be.

Happy week to everyone! Can't believe it's almost MARCH 2013!! Vi voglio bene.

Love, Sorella Sobeck

Hannah - I just realized that its your mission email that was still on the list...oops! Well, I get home in a few weeks - March 22nd I think. So we'll be hearing from each other!
Ana - I got your letter and send off a reply. Hope it gets there before I do!

Bridgit

Crazy inactives we find who make life happy

No comments:

Post a Comment