Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Buon Befana!

Ok, so I didn't do anything for Befana, and I still don't really understand what it is or why they do it, but its a holiday here and its over now which means the holidays are over finally!!!!!

We are teaching a ton of Africans and its the best thing ever. It's actually been weird to teach in Italian when we do it haha because we've been teaching so much in English lately. Blessing is all ready to be baptized on Sunday (switched from Saturday)!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited and grateful that I've been able to be a part of this process. Teaching people and watching them progress increases my testimony so much of the gospel. I know its true. And I love when other people know its true too. Pray for Blessing!!!!!!!!!

We've been really busy and trying to find out how to fit everyone in that we need to see. Prayers are answered, sometimes in very sad ways though, because we ended up dropping several people who were not progressing. It is sad, but its amazing to see how the work evolves and goes forward. For some of these people its just not their time yet, but I believe it will be in the future.

I love new converts SO MUCH. Their faith is incredible. With Dexter we've gotten a lot closer with him lately. He had some problems but he really trusts us so we've been able to help him and realize that the Atonement is real. I'm SO GRATEFUL for that. It helps every single person who wants to use it. Dexter is realizing that and holding on to it. We also had a mini'lesson with Doris this week at the camp, and she is struggling with some health problems and hadn't been to church in a couple weeks. But she came on Sunday and I helped her fill out her tithing slip. Talk about faith. Talk about example. Love them.

I gave the training in district meeting on Monday and with everyone's participation it went really well. My district is a lot less tense now (last transfer there were many many problems but with transfers a lot of things are so much better now), and I gave a training about God has His way of doing things and it usually isn't man's way of doing things, but what are some things that we can do to change ourselves to do things His way? There are several scriptures to show it, but it was just a great little meeting. And afterwards my companion asked for a blessing from the anziani, and she asked Anziano Wolzl (he's from AUSTRIA and is a greenie and is awesome!!!). He did the blessing in German, but then wrote down a translation afterwards, and during the blessing even though we didn't understand a thing he was saying we all felt the spirit so strongly. The priesthood is real. The power of God is so strong! I love blessings.

I hope everyone has an amazing week full of miracles!!! Vi voglio bene!

Sorella Sobeck

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

When we had to come in early for New Years Eve, this is what we did inside :)



No comments:

Post a Comment