Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Transfers!!!

Well, Heavenly Father really likes to SURPRISE me with the unexpected...and keep me with my companions for a long time. Sorella Comollo and I will be staying together for a 3rd here in Mistretta together. Wasn't expecting it at all, but it shall be good. There is lots of good stuff happening here and it seems we both need to be here to see it all happen! I have now been here half of my time in the field which is weird...time just keeps on moving along, sometimes slowly and sometimes like lightning.

We got 3 new investigators last week! And 2 of them are Testimoni di Geova who we met at their church service when we went a couple months ago. It was interesting...I'm very interesting to kind of exchange ideas in our meetings with them and discover more of what they believe.

I met a Pagan kid this week on the street, and he was super nice. Just a little something completely out of the normal. He looked like an American kid almost...emo style. :)

Couple cool experiences.
1. Giuseppe. We taught him about following the prophet last week and we wanted to read a talk with him by President Monson. The morning of that meeting, I was saying my prayer (kind of half asleep still...bah) and all of a sudden the thought came into my head "Giuseppe...Dare to Stand Alone". It was pretty cool. We we decided to actually watch that talk online with him from the October 2011 General Conference by President Monson, which talks about sacrifices and really standing up and making it known what we believe. We get to our appointment with him that evening and he told us he had read about sacrifice in the Gospel Principles book and he felt like it really applied to him. The talk by Pres. Monson went along PERFECTLY and he loved it. That was a cool spiritual experience for me. Also, last night after English Course (which went well again and was fun) he wanted to talk to us for 5 minutes (which of course turned into 40). He likes to confide in us becuase he has LOTS of family problems right now. He is such an example to me of enduring when you know something is right no matter the persecutions. His wife and parents and pretty much waging war against him, and he is just happy in the church and still has the firm resolve to get baptized. We don't know when, but he knows this church is right and true and wants to go to the temple. He says he's never felt more peace than with this gospel. I've never met anyone like him in Italy (who is not a member of the church already at least), and its building my testimony.
2. Salvatore. He wanted to eat lunch with us on Sunday, so we told him we would if he came to church. So he did! For his first Sunday! And it turned out to be his birthday too, and he had a good experience and then we ate a good lunch together (because the church is in an apartment, so theres a kitchen) afterwards. I was so so so excited he came, and we had 3 investigators in church!!!

We got a big fat bidone yesterday, but then met some really cool people from Torino in the north when we did finding. It was awesome...they live in Torino, and Sorella Comollo's dad is from there. They are both from the Puglia, the region when Bari is, and I was there for 6 months. We talked to them on the street for like 30 minutes yesterday.

I don't have time to write anything else. Have a great week, and hope you're staying cool! Please go swimming for me :)

Love, Sorella Sobeck

Lunch after church with Salvatore!!

We were soooo happy he came :)

More Sunday afternoon finding in Mistretta



Everyone gives us food

No comments:

Post a Comment