Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not the best, but always could be worse.

Oh this week. It was a tough one, but always worse things have happened and I know Heavenly Father blesses those who continue and press on despite the difficulties. I don't really know what to write about it all. There are just some things to overcome, and Satan is working hard on us right now...but I know it will all work out. :) We have Zone Conference on Friday and interviews with President Kelly tomorrow night, and I always learn a lot from conference. So I'm looking forward to that and being uplifted (I hope). If you'd like to pray for me and my companion, I won't complain. :)
Thursday was my first whole day inside because my companion was sick. In my 1st 3 transfers we never stayed inside at all because we were never sick enough. So that was a strange feeling, especially becuase I wasn't sick. All of the other 3 sorelle in my apartment were all sick and sleeping like all day and I was fine. It was weird. I didn't like it haha. So I read a lot.
Friday we went to Locorotondo. Story. So we got this referrel from the other Anziani, and they said it was in our zone. So we called her and made an appointment to go see her Friday evening. So we get to the station to take the train, find out its 1 hour and 40 minutes away(!!!!!), and are super confused, because that can't be in our zone...yeah. Turns out its not hahaha. So we went anyways, and instead of finding and teaching a family who was reading or interested in the gospel, we found a daughter with her 2 year old son living in this dump with her mom and they all wanted/needed money. Ahhhhhhhh. Unfortunately in that situation we can't really do anything. WE gave them a Book of Mormon and shared a little message, but I had to talk to President Kelly about it the next day and he told me we couldn't do anything for them except pray. Apparently this situation has happened a few times in the mission before, and sometimes missionaries have given money or members have and it always ends badly, so that is the rule. It was an interesting time to have to deal with this problem and figure out what to do about everything. Mamma mia. Che stress.
Saturday we had some time to go back to that palazzo I talked about in my last email. It was cool. We got there and it was closed, and we were trying to figure out how to get in the building (doing citof doesn't work very well). Then this woman came home and opened the door so we followed her in. Miracle. We only had like 10 minutes. We got rejected at ever door and then the last one we had time for was the woman who opened the door for us. Cool. She asked us if we were Testimoni di Geova (EVERYONE THINKS WE'RE TJ'S), and when she found out no she reluctantly said we could come by another time. Sweet. It was a cool experience.
Sunday, we had church. Surprise?? It was interesting and we only had 1 investigator in church. :( But I also looked around and saw that all the people who have been baptized in the ward in the past 8 months are all still active. :) :) That evening we went back to that "special" palazzo. Miracle of miracles again, exactly when we got there someone entered the palazzo again so we got in. IT'S A SIGN!!! 2 times in a row that someone opens the door at the same time you get there??...that NEVER happens. So we stopped by that lady again and she wasn't too pleased to see us again actually hahaha but thats ok. We knocked on the rest of the doors and there were lots of people not home, so we're going to go back again :) I really feel like someone is waiting in that palazzo, we just have to continue to go and FIND THEM!!
Monday we were with Angelo a lot (new convert). We stopped by a shop where he has friends, and the mom is super awesome and says she open to listening to everything, but is firm in her faith. So I told her the rundown of the Restoration and left her a pamphlet, and we're going to go back and see if she read it. I told her its great to listen, but the only way you can know if its true is to pray about it and ask God directly. We'll see. She's super brava though.
Tuesday we had a lesson with our Albanian investigator, Marjana. We had asked her to read 1 Nephi 1 after giving her a Book of MOrmon in Albanian last time and teaching her the Restoration. She read the chapter 4 times. AWESOME!!! ANd she read the whole chapter back to us when we were together and told us what she understood of it haha it was cute. I decided Albanians are really funny hahaha.
Well, lots of other stuff happened obviously, but thats a rundown. I know Heavenly Father exists and that He comforts us when we need it and ask for it. I know He loves us. I know that in the end trials make us stronger, even when they seem a little too hard to handle in the moment. We can't quit!!!! That's what Satan wants, and we can't listent to him because if we do things will only get worse. Obeying the commandments and listening to Heavenly Father will bring us greater happiness than we could ever imagine...but we have to TRUST HIM. I am convinced that the secret to life is trust in God.
Hope everything is grand at home in America. Italy's good, especially now the weather is getting warmer. Hallelujiah!!! Thanks for emails and love. I can't email back directly, but if you send your address I'll write a letter back. Love you all, thanks for the support. I pray for you!
Love, Sorella Sobeck
Russell - my comps going to the Kiev mission! Which is crazy because thats where she grew up. Hopefully I can pick up a couple Russian words before she leaves...but don't count on too much haha. She liked your message you wrote. Also, CONGRATS!!! Can I possibly have an invite or something? I wish I could go, but alas that is not in the plans. I love you both though :) Good luck with the big day!!!
Ana - did you ever get my letter? I sent it forever ago (like December I think) but haven't heard anything back...just wondering. I was thinking about you, hope all's well!!
MAGNUM BARS

Again :)

\
Cool billboards around.

Can't get enough of this bellezza!!


No comments:

Post a Comment